A few of my friends have blogged in the past over their thrift shop bargain finds. Well, now it's my turn! I am always surprised at the name-brand clothes that I find for $1.67 apiece! (Not that brand matters, I just find they last longer because people usually take better care of them.) The Goodwill is right next to the baseball card shop where my husband sells and trades. (Sounds juvenile, I know, but I would just like to point out that he once made $15 grand on a cardboard wrapper from a hotdog package. Not so small fry, eh?) Anyway, it's things like that which help me not mind so much. Besides, he makes a living at it after all- for a major auction house. Anyway, that's where I go with the kids while he visits old friends. Oh, and one more thing about the shop. He worked there before his mission, and the backroom is actually where he opened his mission call to Fort Worth, Texas. So, there is a lot of sentimental attachment to the store and the people there as well. It's a good small town feel. So, today I found some cute things for both the kids. I found a brand new summer dress for Elena with matching shoes, as well as a cute pink top from Osh Kosh and some Old Navy jean shorts. Miss thang will be well dressed.

I also found this cute denim vest from the Gap, which is lined. It's Elena's size now, but I think it's versatile enough that they will both be able to wear it without gender crisis.

For Aaron I found a cute romper, which is what he practically lives in, and some good winter pajamas.

For the two of them, I found a "sit-n'-spin" which plays games and music. She loves it, but has yet to figure out how to move it on her own. And Aaron, let's just say it'll be awhile before she even lets him sit on it with her at the same time. Still learning to share, that girl is.






3 comments:
Great finds!
How fun! I love it when I find a good deal. That is awesome.
Aiko is 2.5. She'll be 3 in December.
It is amazing how quickly they grow. Your's are adorable!!!
ooooooooooooo, nice!
Congrats on your steals!
Post a Comment