
Weee!Here are the kiddos, borrowing someone's chairs because it has an umbrella! (One of Elena's fettishes). I suppose I should have gotten more group pics of the adults sitting around, but I was too busy talking. Oh, well. It's good to know you have neighbors who aren't afraid of each other and enjoy being a community. Some people don't even know who their neighbors are, and don't even care. We feel lucky, and aren't sure if we'll ever leave Maryland. All these kids will grow up together and walk to school together and so on. Plus it's so rich in culture and history here, with so many places to see and do going on around us. (Sesame Place is only a couple hours away too! We'll make it there in the next few years, when they're old enough to remember...Gotta meet Elmo sometime.) I can't even begin to list them all. Mom, I hope this doesn't make you too sad! (She wants us to live on the west coast with them, so she can "know her grandkids.") Valid complaint, mom. We'll see you soon at Christmas!





2 comments:
That is so great that you have such a great neighborhood and people actually talk to each other! We were friendly with several of our neighbors, but I still felt silly that there were several that I had never even met. I'm coming up to Columbia tomorrow to see off our last shipment. Are you going to be home? Maybe we can swing by in the late morning or early afternoon.
awesome idea!
Post a Comment