You can feel the change in the weather now. The leaves are starting to turn brown and fall. Some people (like my husband) just love fall, and the change of season. I'll have to say that it's growing on me. Living in the desert for most of my life, it was never that much of a spectacle. To me it just meant that my freedom as I knew it was at an end, and it was going to start getting colder every day, and the days would get shorter. That used to depress me a little, I must admit. But living with someone who gets so excited about it, it is beginning to rub off. One time I asked Jim what he loved so much about the fall. He just said he loves the time of year, how alive he feels with the crispness of the air, the relief from the oppressive heat and humidity. Most of all, for him, it's the anticipation of all the holidays coming up. His favorite is Halloween (which I learned today has Christian roots referring to the resurrection). So, I am grateful to be married to someone who has helped me appreciate this time of year much more than I used to. Also, living around so many trees has helped me learn to love watching all the vibrant changes and colors which explode in the treetops. Each season has its beauty. But I digress. Here are the two young 'uns enjoying a bit of respite from the heat on a late summer afternoon. They were having such a good time, I had to get one snippit of the moment to freeze in time.
My waterbabies. She just cracks me up with her sunglasses. I think it helped her see through the water, though- like goggles. Smart kid! I hope everyone has had a great summer...
Grandbaby #2 is here
10 months ago





6 comments:
I love this post! I started loving Fall while living in MD too... for those exact same reasons- the colorful foliage, less humidity, & my first holidays with little ones!
It still feels like summer here. It just doesn't seem right for the kids to go back to school in August!
What cute little kiddos! Good times in the sprinkler. I remember that! I must say I'm with your hubby, even growing up in dry Nevada, I've always loved the fall. I can't wait to see what it looks like here in MS with trees, but I think we'll have at least a month of summer left here. Enjoy the change!
I've really enjoyed fall for a while now and I really like halloween now that I have a trick or treater kid. It was fun to see you today. Here's the address for my blog http://megbob.blogspot.com
:)
Fall is my most FAAAAAAVE time of year. The heat is still in full force here and I'm trying to be patient in waiting for my treasured Autumn time.
cute video!
What a darling video!! Elena is so cute and excited and I love seeing Aaron sitting there trying to grab the water! I have a hard time with Fall too - I hate for summer to end. Although the trees are beautiful in MD and I do like how the air smells and the excitement of going back to school. Except there was no back-to-school for me this year,and believe it or not, that's been very sad for me. Oh well, on to new adventures!
hello there! I found you through Shantel's blog! Your kids are adorable! Hey-we are coming to Baltimore in october for a work conference for Chris-maybe we could meet up?? It's so fun to see your kids, but I had to go quite a way to see you!!
Post a Comment