Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wedding in Walnut Creek

My cousin Chad has known his fiance' for 6 years, and they finally tied the knot! It took place in the gardens in Walnut Creek, CA- very beautiful. The groom and all the groomsmen wore kilts. How cool is that? Chad wore the family plaid of the Cameron's. Here's the procession:
Mother of the groom
Ring Bearer and Flower girl
Father of the Bride & Bride (Heather)
Groomsmen & couple
As you can see, it was a lovely day and a lovely place to have a wedding. Afterwards we all participated in family/wedding photos. Here's naughty Elena escaping into the brush. "How do you catch a cloud and pin it down? How do you keep a wave upon the sand?"
Gotcha!
All of the counsins on my mom's side made it, save two. Not a bad percentage! 15 total on that side. I won't even begin to count on my dad's side...well, just for giggles...18 still living + 4 step-cousins. We're everywhere! Anyway, back to the wedding. In the gardens there was a clubhouse where the reception and dinner was held. Everyone cheered as the wedding party was announced, this time as Mr. & Mrs., Elena thought they were all cheering for her. "Yay, Awaina!, Yay!" She said, clapping her hands with glee. What a corker! It was a fun time, with a good buffet and drinks of the bubbly sort, for those who wanted such. Lots of dancing and music. Which was a lucky thing to have, since the DJ they had booked died in surgery the day before the wedding. Not good! So they got a guy finally who was available. I'm sure nothing short of a miracle and a relief to the bride and groom. Here are some of us at the tables:
Wedding party
Mom, Elena & cousins
Lauren my sis & Jackson

Dan my bro & cousins
That's enough for now. I have much more to come!

4 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

You just keep making me miss my California so much! Fun times! I miss our old stomping grounds in Germany way more, though! What a great time we had together, eh? I'm still working on a post about the Sister's Reunion we had at Praes. Clark's house. Stay tuned.....

jaacs said...

The DJ died in surgery the day before the wedding? Wow. That is awful. I'm glad that things ended up working out for the wedding, nonetheless.

You look fabulous!!! Wish we lived closer.

Aaron and crystal said...

Wow it looks like you had a blast. The wedding party looks very sheek. I can't believe how much you and Lauren look alike. Love the pictures.

Aaron and crystal said...

So guess who I saw today? Your mom and Dad ... I am in Nevada visiting and went with my sister and brother-in-law to their ward ( which is Reno 1st ) and your parents were there visiting for a missionary talk from Elder Hamon. I thought it was pretty cool!!