Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Williamsburg, VA

Later the same evening, we found ourselves in Colonial Williamsburg- the old part of town! This is just a very cool inn that you can stay at. I thought it was beautiful and captured well the colonial architecture we were surrounded by.

Here's Jim in the front lawn in front of the Governor's Mansion.

The Capitol Building before it moved to Richmond.

It was later turned into a girls' boarding school which explains a story we learned about on our "Ghost Walk" of the city that evening. WooOOooo! The story goes that one of the tour guides heard giggles and running feet as he was leading a group through. He wasn't too scared since he could tell the little girl was playful and liked him. She followed him around every evening as he had to lock up and shut all the interior doors at night. But there were times when other tour guides took groups through that she would be really naughty and make tons of noise upstairs. Nobody knew what it was until the news got to the one guy and he said, "I know just what to do." So he went upstairs and into the darkness said, basically, "I don't mind that you follow me around in here. In fact, I like the company. But if you keep acting like that we can't be friends anymore." And it never happened again! Kinda cute.

But this isn't very cute. Two criminals, right where they should be.

2 comments:

Petty Family said...

What a great trip Brooke! I haven't been to Williamsburg in a long time - and I've never been to Jamestown - we'll have to go when we come back from Germany. Happy Anniversary!

Aaron and crystal said...

Oh I have always wanted to get a picture in THE STOCKS , Never wanted to be one for any other reason but pictures are a good thing . It looksa like you had a blast-o Aren't anniversaries fun?!