We have a lot of bike paths winding throughout our neighborhood, through all the woods surrounding the houses. There are so many wild blackberry bushes that grow, so we decided to get some before the deer did. We came back with enough to make some preserves!

Elena and Aaron had fun picking too until they got stuck enough by the thorns. then they just took them out of my bowl and ate them. We went home and had some yummy berries and cream! (Just some of that whipped cream out of a spray can. Yum!)


They got so nice and dirty!


We even got some wildflowers out of the garden! Here's our haul of harvesting:
Can't wait to can and preserve and dehydrate!







9 comments:
You're doing the same thing I am, except mine is beans, strawberries, rhubarb and raspberries. Enjoy the fruits of your labors
You are so cool...hope its yummy
You are so cool...hope its yummy
Looks delicious! We didn't have a garden this year, the desert doesn't bloom so well. WE will order peaches and pears to can later. I'm jealous!
I love it! That is my favorite thing about not living in the dry desert of my youth--things are actually green and grow on their own here!
P.S. I may have told you this in an earlier comment--it is so fun to get to see your cute kids!
So I just paid $32 for some pears! They were excess from the cannery or something like that...I don't know exactly.
I obviously live in the wrong state!
Oh happy day! Love all the harvest. Especially Rhubarb. I forgot to plant that in my garden this year! What are your favorite rhubarb dishes? I also got a kick out of Elena's wittiness at the dinner table! Kids can be so surprisingly smart sometimes! I wish I could visit Maryland sometime. I bet it's beautiful there. Enjoy your yummy fruit!
Wow! I rarely see people have that much success with their fruit trees in Maryland. Look at you go!
Post a Comment