
So I am looking for any tips, pointers and advice that will help me get through the 8-hour flight this weekend with my almost 2 year old. If anyone has any experience in this area, I would greatly appreciate any wisdom you can impart! Help!
Life is an Adventure

5 comments:
When Chelsea was 2 weeks old I flew with all three kids from SLC to Reno. It wasn't 8 hours but it was crazy with all 3 of the kids under 3. I missed my flight by 3 minutes and cried for like seriously 3 hours. One thing that helped the kids. I brought books that I could read to them and coloring books to help keep their hand busy. I picked their FAOVRITE books and so it made it easier because they would let me read them over and over to them.
Portable DVD player! or laptop. Am I a bad mom? I also recommend crayons, various snacks, blankie or other favorite thing. Have plenty of tricks up your sleeve. If all else fails, look for pictures of animals or whatever in the in flight magazine. Go to back of the plane and hang out near the potty. The flight attendants might give you extra snacks :)
good luck!
When I took Jacob (3) and Lorelei (22 months) from Boise to Minneapolis to Omaha and back again I knew I needed to be prepared. I went to a dollar store and bought them brand new things that they had never seen before (magnifying glasses, books, coloring books, stickers, etc.). Then I went to the grocery store and bought them all the goodies that I never buy for them. I had more than I needed believe it or not but it felt good to be ready for anything.
I think all the ideas are great. My little trick is to bring Dum-Dums or other small-ish suckers. Helps keep their ears from staying plugged up (might just be my girls...but there is major screaming if that happens) and they get a treat they don't usually get.
Magna Doodles are great. As are sharpie markers for the window...just use a wipe to clean them up (only do this if you feel confident he wont color on other things. lol). Oh! Those Crayola paints/markers/etc that only work on the Crayola Wonder paper....those are awesome.
Also, make sure you have all of this stuff in a bag under your seat. You definitely don't want to be 30 minutes into the flight and realize you put it all above (or below).
Good luck and have fun!
So I'm way too late, but I recently flew from Frankfurt to Salt Lake with 2 kids by myself. My tip is -- NEW TOYS. Bring new toys that they can open on the plane, and they'll keep their interest for a while...hopefully.
Post a Comment