Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Diaper Ointment Incident and Spring Growth

First: The Diaper Ointment Incident.


I don't know why they like it so much- but it sure is fun to get into! I wasn't paying any attention as they were playing nicely together and laughing. Always a relief to not hear crying and screaming which is more often the case (we are still learning to share here). I should know better by now that it may be suspicious...Anyway- this is what I found:





I think Elena had all the control. Just hilarious!

And then the Spring Growth:


Also, we have been having a nice array of bloomage around our house, thanks to the plethora of rain we are still being blessed with. So I snapped some pics of the Roses...


I love my rhubarb plant- it's so fun to cook with it year after year!




Also I was able to (only) plant three tomatoes this year- sad I know, but we have been getting too much rain to allow too much work outside. It rather depresses me sometimes to be stuck inside so much. I had so many plans for the garden, which we even tilled with our Mantis, then it rained constantly (pretty much) and now it's all weeds again. So here are my very well-watered tomato plants. Those groundhogs and squirrels better stay away from my earth box! Or I will go Elmer Fudd on them.



It has rained so much lately that mushrooms are growing in the grass!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I have learned with my kids that screaming means that they are okay, quiet means they're up to something, and giggling all around means that they are really up to something and must be checked on immediately. Glad you grabbed the camera! Your tomatoes look great, I killed ours while Greg was out of town. It got too cold for them and we had to start all over. Good luck with the squirrels, they've been eating my strawberries and I'd like to go Elmer Fudd on them.

OurLittleFamily said...

That is hilarious... I probably would have flipped out. Ya...quietness usually means something is up for sure.

The spring growth looks good. Ya... I hope you don't have to go all Elmer Fudd on the groundhogs and squirrels.

Jan said...

Quietness is never a good sign. I'm loving the pics - and your springiness is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I have intercepted that exact thing from happening before. My kids are always dumping dirty laundry out or playing in the toilet when their too quiet.

Aaron and crystal said...

The mushroom in the grass is totally AWESOME!!!

Oh yeah and I think that quiet is to few and far between at my house too. At least they were laughing with each other while getting into mischief :)

janae said...

Ha, ha! Isn't it sad how silence, laughter, and cooperation are incriminating?! :)

Harmony said...

Cool! I've actually never cooked with rhubarb, but I want to try it sometime.