Sunday, November 9, 2008

Late Halloween Post

We are huge movie fans, and nothing helps get us in the right holiday mood than watching our favorite repertoire of festive movies. With Halloween being Jim's fave, of course we had to see our cheesy old school horror flicks. Pretty much all B movies. We try to branch out each year to find some new favorites, but keep on coming back to the same ones. I would like to add that none of these are that scary. Here's the list of our 2008 picks:

First, we saw "Black Dragons", with Bela Lugosi, 1942.



Then "House on Haunted Hill", with Vincent Price, 1959.



Next was "The Screaming Scull", a good one! 1958.



Then "Chamber of Horrors" (or "The Door with Seven Locks") 1940.



Then we saw one we liked a lot, "House of Dracula", with Lon Chaney, 1945.



Next was "The Mummy's Ghost", 1944.



And then "Frozen Alive" made in 1964.



Next, Bela Lugosi as "The Ape Man", 1943.



Another favorite is "Werewolf in London", 1934.



We branched out a little bit and saw more contemporary films such as "Boogeyman", 2005...



And "Hocus Pocus" with Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy, 1993.



Then one we see every year and is one of our favorites is "Horror Hotel" (AKA "The City of the Dead"), made in 1960.



And last, but certainly not least, what would Halloween be with out watching the Great Pumpkin with Snoopy and Charlie Brown?



Yep, we enjoyed ourselves. Soon it will be time to start with the Christmas movies! I know everyone has got their favorites, and so do we! Happy Holidays to all!

3 comments:

Aaron and crystal said...

You have more stomach than me!!! I don't handle horror ficks very well.

Emily Petty said...

Wow - I'm impressed, I didn't even know that many halloween movies existed! :)

BrookieT said...

We didn't even scratch the surface!