Earlier this week I found a daughter covered in mommy's lipstick, and the rest of it all over the walls. A day or so before that I found a naked boy during naptime with no diaper, and poo smeared all over the sides of the crib and the walls, and through all the mesh of the sides. Not to mention the little monkey flung some of it onto the carpet and I stepped in it. (Did I mention we just had our carpets cleaned?) Yeah. Smelled great.
Well, today was no exception. It's actually a beautiful, gorgeous day outside! I can appreciate that, as well as the fact that the kids let me sleep in until around 9 am. But I did wake up with a spasm in my left shoulder. Otherwise, the morning didn't start off so badly, especially since I knew Jim was home all day and would help me entertain the kids and take care of them. So then he decides (After all) thet he's going to go to this Brooks Robinson (Orioles) auction where he was going to get some minor league stuff for his collection. Sure, why not? He will pay for them out of his own personal baseball fund. And while he was out, he would run all the other errands- taking ebay to the post office to ship, take the car for a tune-up, drop off some local orders & so on. Sure, why not? He left the house saying he owed me. I will remember that...
So, he left and things went smoothly. Ffor a little while. Then a couple of huge, black vultures were hanging out on our back porch and Elena and I were watching them. "Baggeye Birds!" (Bad guy)
So was spooky our cat...from a few feet away underneath them. I was worried at first, but then told myself they only eat dead stuff. They were just poking around. See her at the bottom of the picture below?
Luckily our garbage was covered! Then I got to thinking about our cat that disappeared in April. I wonder if they found her? Maybe up on the roof? Who knows. I was also thinking I was glad I wasn't superstitious. Wouldn't that be considered a bad omen in some cultures? Who knows.I didn't have any time to think about it because all of a sudden Aaron was screaming upstairs. I ran up and he was sitting in a puddle of aftershave and trying to get stuff off his tongue with his little hands. NOOOO! So I stuck his head under the running water in the bathtub to get any of the alcohol out of his mouth and eyes. And Elena hears it and comes running thinking it's time for a bath. Who then slips in the puddle and lands flat on her back, smacking her head on the ground. Waaaaaaa! I feel the same way, girlfriend. So, since her hair was soaked in Bay Rum aftershave, I decided they would both need to have a bath. At 11 am. On a saturday.
So, we got that all done with and it seems that was the end of it. Then Aaron peed on the floor after wiggling away before I could get his diaper on. Do I believe in omens now? Perhaps.
Yep, Jim. You owe me big time!
Does anyone have any advice on surviving two toddlers? Because that's what it feels like I am barely doing right now. Surviving. All I know is that from now on I will keep all the doors shut at all times, and never put kids to bed in just a diaper.





8 comments:
When it rains, it pours, doesnt it? Ah, you poor thing!
The diapers to bed thing. Well, I could never do that one either until Aiko was like 2 and change.
The solution for us was to put a bloomer over her diapers (or shorts in your sons case) and then she just forgot all about the diaper. Maybe a onesie?
We have had to close every door also. Our girls are just curious and get into EVERYTHING if we don't. There are child proof locks, covers on all outlets, safety gates around our TV, and door knob covers on every door (especially bathroom and bedroom). Some people can get away with not doing it...but we are definitely not those people.
I am sorry you are having a rough time. I have my days to, believe me. It is hard to have your attention demanded every hour of every day. I hope things start to go better. If you ever need to talk/vent/whatever...feel free to give me a call or email me. :)
There were days when all of us sat on the couch ( or where ever it was that the insanity happened ) and just cried. I could never keep the house clean( I still can't) and the kids run around and disasterize just about everything that they can get their hands on. The only difference is now they are old enough to clean up after themselves... but that doesn't meant they do.
My advice to you is take one hour ,one night, or one day a week for yourself. During that time do something that you ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!! don't think about the growing pile of bills or the disaster waiting at home from the kids, Just enjoy being Brooke. I know it feels like you are going to snap but I can promise that it does get better! Speaking from experience I can say that our children are among the most spiritually strong and stubborn. They have to be to get through life now days.
Hang in there babe, it will get better. I promise.
Oh, yeah, I'm there with you, girl! And it is SO OKAY to vent about it. I heard Dr. Laura once say that two-year olds are the most annoying creatures on the planet. That made me seriously laugh-- because what mom wants to call her kid annoying (even though she might think it?) I thought it was funny. We love the little devils, but they can be SO infuriating at times! I really feel for you having to clean up all those not-so-fun messes (especially the poop!) Hang in there and start planning your mama's day out-- 'cause it sounds like you need one! By the way-- is your cat okay?
dude girl you need to get me a work permit so i can come help you clean up all that poo and wee! plus between the both of us, the cat and i could easily take care of the vultures to boot.
have you ever thought about one of them giant hamsterballs for people to walk in? you'd just have to hose it down at the end of the day or so... sorry. can't help it.
here's a hug.
Oh Brooke, I'm so sorry! You definitely have your hands full - I am starting to feel frustrated as Frank becomes a toddler too. He used to be so cute, and sure fussy, but he wasn't doing it on purpose. But now it makes me so mad when he throws tantrums and acts like a pill! I keep praying for patience...but your day tops mine. Actually, I think it's kind of nice to read venting blogs - it makes us all feel like we're human and it's ok when our lives aren't perfect and we're mad at our husbands/kids. So, no it's not selfish - it's healthy! Good luck hanging in there.
P.S. Those vulture things are really freaky!
Oh, poor Brooke! You are one amazing woman!
I could have written this post. Being a Mom is hard. :)
Post a Comment