Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Laying up in Store...

Thanks, guys for all those priceless tips! I will be using many, if not all, of them.

Here's where our pears ended up:


I got 7 cans of pears halved, and two jars of pear butter. About half my pears went bad before I got to them. Bummer! But still better than the 1 measly pear last year. My first time canning all alone and I am so proud of myself! I feel so domestic. I also made some yummy pear mayonnaise. Tasty on a fresh lettuce and tomato sandwich! Had some today, actually.

Got lots to do before I leave saturday. Laundry, finish the scrapbooks for my mom, get the last blinds up, and so on! Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Aaron and crystal said...

Pear Mayo huh? Sounds Delish... will you send me the recipe please :)

Emily Petty said...

Wow! I'm very impressed with your canning skills!

Shantel said...

Way to go with the canning! You're quite the homemaker! One day I'll be like you!