Thursday, March 5, 2009

Noreasters and Hats


Yep, this last monday we got 8 inches and it blew a nasty cold wind in your face if you ventured outside within the following 24 hours. They call that a "Nasty Nor-Easter" in this part of the country, because the storm came up from the carolinas and headed "Nor-east". I was so overzealous in having my kids experience the snow that they both caught a nasty virus. Good job, Mommy. The past two days I must have changed pukey bed linens 5 times. It's getting quite tiresome to say the least. The snow sure was beautiful, though. (From inside.) That having been said, I am itching for Spring weather. We all have a bit of cabin fever, and I am so ready to get started on my garden. If only I could figure out a way to keep the vermine out. Pesky groundhogs!


Here's just a random snapshot of my two little dirty yet adorable hooligans. Aaron really does look up to his big sister.

Now, to the hats category. I was working on the computer one night and I glanced over at Jim who was randomly wearing this on his head. It's one of the kiddy chairs. It caught me so off guard that of course it made me laugh and I had to take a picture. (Sorry, Jim.)




Also, I've been trying to give Spring subliminal messages by getting out some of the spring clothes for the kids. Elena loved this little hat and refused to take it off for a while.




As part of the very beginning stages of our potty training efforts, we have started to teach Elena about underwear. In the past she's just been wearing it over her diaper, but I found her putting a pair on over her jammies and I thought it was quite hilarious.





Take note of this old couch in the background because it's all gone now! Next time you'll see our brand new aesthetically pleasing couch that will match our room theme, unlike this ratty old couch. But, it has had a good run. Couch, here's to you!


A special thanks to freecycle.org for providing us a way to pass it on to another family who needed it.

3 comments:

Aaron and crystal said...

HA HA ... I love the HAT!!! It is awesome! I can't believe how big your little ones have gotten. Potty training is a fun and frustrating time. Enjoy it.

Emily Petty said...

I love the underwear over her jammies!

Harmony said...

Wow, a snow storm in March!
Love the hats. :)