Here's Jim making the rounds.

Before we all went outside we had a chili and dessert cook-off. I had no time to do the chili, so I made a bunch of cornbread to complement the chili. (I just realized I left my container at the church, oops!) But there was a lot of scrumptious food! And of course the winner for the most calories was the coconut cheesecake, of which I had an ample amount. While we ate, the breezeway had been turned into a play area with little jungle gyms and air mattresses for the young and energetic. Elena played a lot with her friend Courtney. Aren't they cute?

Here's a dorky picture of us, with the antsy kids.

They then had a costume parade around the gym, and then we went outside. It was such nice weather! In years past it has been too yucky to be outside and we had to decorate classrooms instead. So, we had a good time. Afterwards, we stopped by Jim's parents' house because his brother and wife (John & Cacilda) were in town and we wanted to see them. At that point I was able to get better pictures of the kids in their costumes.

My Lil' Punkin!

My Lil' Ribbit!
So hers was a little small, and his was a little big. But I had to use what I already had while they still don't care what costume they dress up in for Halloween! Jim's dressing up again friday to take Elena around the block. Better believe it!





2 comments:
Too cute, gotta love the Trunk or Treating!
Your kids are so cute. Our trunk or treat is friday and I am way excited.
Post a Comment