

Then she proceeded to take a pretend nap right in the middle of swimming!

She cracks me up. It actually looks quite comfortable! I took a video or her playing too that I will have to upload later at my in-laws because my internet is way too slow. So stay tuned!
Later on tonight, I came home from work to an empty house and had about a half an hour of alone time! Ahhhhh. Anyway, I could have chosen to clean the house, or watch tv, but decided instead to carve our pumpkin. Heck, it's been a few years since I have been able to. So it may look a little...shall we say, amateur, but I like it. It's got character. I used the big scar on it to my advantage, making it into Quasimodo.

Pretty goofy, eh? Besides, who's afraid of a smiling pumpkin?

When I was cleaning out the pumpkin, I saved all the seeds because I think they're so good all toasted and seasoned. But I came across the weirdest thing! One of the seeds was beginning to sprout while inside its mother pumpkin. Is that normal? I ask you?? It was so odd looking that I got a picture of it. I hope it's clear enough to see.


I don't think I'll eat this one...





2 comments:
I love pumpkin seeds too, so good! Very cute pumpkin by the way. Our tree is holding out on us. I don't really want to be raking leaves up while shoveling snow, so hopefully they fall soon.
yes. it's totally normal. doesn't happen that often, but it's probably even more nutritious than the unsprouted seeds :-) i saw the same thing in tomatoes this summer, now that was a little creepy cos most of the seeds were trying to set foot somewhere - but i ate them anyway and i'm still alive. i think.
Post a Comment