Sunday, January 3, 2010

Santa Came to Town!

But before he came, it snowed. And we tried to sled, in vain.


They truly look happy, no? The snow was way too wet. Not good snowman making, snowshoeing, or sledding weather. The sled, once full of kids, sank all the way down, filled up with snow, then soaked all the way through your clothes. But, hey- we had a white Christmas! (Just like the ones I used to know!)

Then it was time to get ready for Santa to come.

First, we have to get the tree up. Our handy-dandy fake one!
Spooky wanted to help...much to the amusement of the kids!

Finally we got the ornaments all in place!

But, as you can imagine they didn't stay on long. The cat kept climbing the tree, which caused ornaments to fall, and children to laugh...


Then we had to go through the festival of lights display, as is tradition. They do it every year by our house. Here's just a glimpse. I love that you can tune to their special holiday channel to get the full effect!


I guess my camera doesn't do so well at night, but you get the idea!
Next we had to make sure all was under the tree!

And that Santa had some goodies. (Sleepy Aaron did his best to resist.)

Here's what we found in the morning!




The kids were pros at unwrapping. Next year we'll try to slow them down a bit so it lasts a little longer.



We were blessed by all the love from others, symbolized in gifts!

Later that morning we went over to Grandma & Pop Feagin's for a little Christmas continuation. Woo Hoo!
Soon after Christmas it was time (according to Jim) to un-decorate. The tree was the last thing to go down, but it didn't stay empty long! Elena gathered anything that would stay on the tree.

Hilarious!
So, we celebrated the holidays at home this year. Part of me is grateful we didn't have to travel with the crowds, but I really missed my extended family. Here is a picture of all of us last year.

I will be seeing the family soon anyhow! I fly out this week to Reno for a 7 day stay. I am definitely looking forward to this get-away, despite the parallel weather. (It's just as cold there as it is here, I'm afraid.)
May 2010 bring everyone hope renewed- hope of a new start, hope in Christ who has made all things possible.

5 comments:

OurLittleFamily said...

Looks like you had a great time. Wow...that snow...how fun!

Love the family picture from the year prior. It looks great. That is one that will always stay up in your house for all the years to come.

Emily Petty said...

Your black cat in the white tree is hilarious! As are the snow pictures and Elena's tree decorating. I love the tent with the tunnel too - Frank would love that.

Summer and Hunter said...

First of all, your cat is saucy. Second, Elena's tree decorating skills are second to none. Third, when I saw your family pic I thought of the Cullens-You look so hot it's scary.

Harmony said...

That's such a nice family photo!
I always wanted to drive through that lights show, but never did it.

Outsideofacat said...

spooky in the tree is great! does s/he get up to much mischief at all?