Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!


The afternoon before Christmas eve we took the kids to the mall to see Santa. We were lucky to get there soon before they cut off the line to get in. I felt like I was in line for a ride at Disneyworld! I think we waited for abou an hour and a half or so. Next year we're going right after Thanksgiving...no waiting! But the kids loved it! This is the first year that we didn't have a crying child for the picture. Yippee!
We stayed home this Christmas, as we alternate each year with each side of the family. I was grateful not to have to travel with the masses, although I greatly missed celebrating with my parents and siblings. I will be heading to Reno in 2 weeks or so, however for a visit! So I was not too sad knowing I had that to look forward to soon.
The kids tore open their gifts with ferver, and received a modest haul of new toys.
We have been very blessed this year and want to express our appreciation to our Father in Heaven for his loving kindness on all of us, His children.
Merry Christmas to all and a happy New Year!

5 comments:

OurLittleFamily said...

Cute picture of the kiddos. Glad you had a great Christmas!

Emily Petty said...

Merry Christmas! I love the Santa pics you take each year!

Jan said...

Oh, your kiddoes are beautiful! Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Love you!

Meg said...

Kiree wouldn't even go near Santa this year. I'm with you though for next year, if we do end up going back, it's not going to be the day after a big snowstorm and/or the week before Christmas.

Haley said...

Yay! I am so glad you posted that lefsa recipe. I've attempted it in years past but never got it quite right...I should've asked someone who knew! Also that picture of your family with siblings and parents is so beautiful! Love the pictures of your kids--they are so cute!