Sunday, November 8, 2009

All Hallow's Eve

I'm just a week or so late in posting. I hope people aren't tired of seeing the Halloween blogs, but I just wanted to share a few pics of the costumes. Most of this is actually from friday the 30th, at the ward "trunk-or-treat" get-together.
Aaron is on the left and Elena is on the right. They got to have TWO nights of candy-gathering! How lucky is that? Here's the group shot:
Peter Pan was dashing.
And this one sure had happy feet for many hours.
The weather was accomodating both nights, much to our glee. Jim is a HUGE Halloween fanatic. We have about 4 large plastic buckets we dig out every year. This, however was the extent of our pumpkin "decorating"-
Sunday after Halloween I was home with a quite gooey 2 year old, and a neighbor knocked on the door to tell us they loved our set-up on Halloween for the trick-or-treaters. But mostly she just wanted to give us all her decorations they didn't use. Of course we were happy to acoomodate! I have a short clip of our Halloween set-up the kids had to brave to get their candy.
A fog machine, strobe light, cemetary, and spooky music. Almost scared our kids too, but not quite! We rationed all the candy to 10 pieces each, and I took the rest to work. Phew! Looking forward to Thanksgiving now- to having more substantial nutritional intake. Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

That is quite scary! My kids wouldn't have gone on your street, let alone your house. They are such scaredy cats. I like your idea of pumpkin decorating, a lot less messy.

OurLittleFamily said...

The kiddos look so cute. We have a Mr. Potato Head Vampire set that we push into our pumpkins too...I agree...less mess. Glad you shared your Halloween adventures!

Meg said...

I liked the video, it was creepy!

Sarah said...

I don't do scary.

Julia said...

Darling costumes! I see so much of you in your daughter's face! I loved the pumpkin patch photos too. There's just something about all that orange in Fall!

Emily Petty said...

I love all your fall pictures Brooke! And I think those little pumpkin sets are great - the fun without the mess! Where did you get those? Cute little Peter Pan & Penguin too!

Summer and Hunter said...

You guys are so fun! Cute pumpkins and even cuter kids!

Haley said...

Awesome! So fun!