Sunday, October 11, 2009

Autumn has fallen

Behind our house some major shroomage has sprung up. And Elena was the one who found them! She pulled them up out of the ground before I knew what was going on. Needless to say, some major hand washing was soon initiated.
I have always wanted to learn which mushrooms were poisonous and which are edible. It would be cool to make a salad from my backyard! In the meantime, I will continue to tell Elena we don't touch the fungi.



Also, the kids are getting VERY excited about Halloween. Mostly for dressing up in costumes. Elena's favorite pastime these days is to find random things and put them on her somehow and say she's wearing a constume. (Look at me!) Then Aaron brings me stuff to put on him so he can be like his big sister.



Never a dull day around here. If only they would stop fighting with each other!

6 comments:

jaacs said...

Aw...they are so cute. 'constumes'. love it!

Those mushrooms are HUGE! wow. ours are little clustered ones here. i never thought to learn if they were edible. perhaps I should look into that some more.

Aaron and crystal said...

THOSE MUSHROOMS ARE AWESOME!!!!! I am jealous :) Every time I find cool mushrooms I take pictures. But then you know me, mushroom collector enthusiast.

OurLittleFamily said...

They are so cute...how cool to have those colors in your backyard!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I like the costumes!

Harmony said...

Wow, those are some huge mushrooms!
I love your blog background.

Summer and Hunter said...

At least your kids look adorable while fighting. I think I'll wear some fabulous red gloves the next time I'm ready to yell at someone.