Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mommy to the Rescue

Well, I've been trying to upload a video of Aaron rolling over for several weeks now, but I think our internet connection is too slow. And in the meantime, he's started to do the army crawl. And he's going fast! So, I decided just to forget the video, since it's been forever that I've had a new post! Here are a couple of dirty, impish faces. Full of mischief, these two.

Funny story. Last week I was frantically searching the house for my keys so I could go Visiting Teaching. Couldn't find them anywhere in the house, so I went outside to check the car. Well, while I was outside Elena said "Bye, Bye Mommy!" and shut the front door. I didn't even notice in my haste, and as I was realizing the keys were not in my purse- which was in the trunk- I went back to try to get inside. Pulling open the screen door suctioned the front door all the way closed. Nooooo! Realizing it was now locked I tried kicking it. Pretty sturdy door, so it didn't budge. I went around the back of the house to look at them through the sliding glass window, which was also secure. Dangit! But I could see both of them looking at me and beginning to panic. Help! Long story short, I went to the back door by the utility room and ended up kicking it in. I felt like Dog the Bounty Hunter! As splinters of wood fly I run back upstairs to the living room to two bawling children and shout "Peek-A-Boo!" Yay! Everyone was happy again. It was just a game! Man, oh, man.

Lessons learned: #1)Always leave the front door unlocked if going outside #2)Leave a spare key somewhere outside #3)Slow down & think! Now we have to replace the back door frame- might as well get a new door too! Expensive mistake. Oh, well- I can only laugh about it now.
I wish the weather would make up its mind. Summer, here we come!

3 comments:

Harmony said...

Hi Brooke -- I've been waiting for a new post for a while. :) Yay! Elena's grown! She's a pretty girl.

Petty Family said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't even know that you had a blog - this will be fun to read. What a scary/now funny story! Your story and Harmony's story from this week are lovely examples of the 'joys' of motherhood!

JaNae said...

I hope I never have to do that :) They're growing up so fast.