Monday, June 21, 2010

More Ketchup!

Early in April, James and I enjoyed my Christmas gift by going to Baltimore and spending te entire day there. The first event was an Orioles game at Camden Yards. One of his co-workers had tickets so he hooked us up- even though it was in the nose-bleeds.
It was also extremely frigid with the wind blowing right at our backs at the top row. I knew I should have grabbed that sweatshirt in the car. Jim was a gentleman and let me use his new t-shirt as a blanket of sorts. What a selfless guy!



This was his new shirt, and his optimistic early season grin. Those of you who follow baseball will understand why he's no longer grinning.
 
But we had a good time. All we had to pay for was food and parking! I can't remember whether we lost the game or not, but I'm fairly certain it was a loss.
   
I love the atmosphere of a good baseball game, during warm weather at least.
   
Next we went back to the parking garage and changed into our fancy, night-on-the-town clothing, and headed to the Hippodrome a few blocks over. I might add that it was quite a few blocks, and wearing heels did not exactly make me a happy camper. Thankfully, the crazy man on the corner blowing me kisses raised my spirits immensely. Needless to say, I forgot about my aching feet entirely.
These are professional photos of the historical theater. Much better than mine turned out. Is anyone curious as to what show we saw?? Some of you probably already know...For Christmas Jim presented my with two tickets to see Phantom of te Opera. The show was excellent, very enjoyable! I realized I practically have the script and score memorized myself. I could be an understudy! (Yeah...right.) Although, my father received a callback to perform as the Phantom in San Fransisco a while ago. He chose not to be away from his family. He would have done a killer job! (Happy Father's Day, Dad!)
I had to walk back to the parking garage barefoot because my feet were killing me. I have learned to keep a pair of flats with me when going out on the town. Since I'll be doing that so dang often. Oh, here are my pics:
I am so grateful to live near family who can help watch our children, so we can make memories like this together and have some alone time to keep our marriage fresh! Speaking of the family near us, Jim's father just suffered a major stroke and is currently in the hospital, so we are praying and hoping he'll have a quick recovery and be home soon. Please keep him in your prayers!

2 comments:

Summer and Hunter said...

That sounds like heaven! A memorable day with the hubby! You guys deserve it, and it looks like you had fun depite the cold and high heels (no pain, no gain, right?!)

Emily Petty said...

What a fun day & night Brooke! I like the Hippodrome theatre - I didn't know your Dad was a theatre performer!