No big events to post about, just little tidbits of life. If anyone is wondering, the homemade laundry detergent has been working great, so I highly recommend it! Find the recipe here.
Yesterday Elena gave her first talk in primary, and she did pretty well. It was a brief talk on the Fourth Article of Faith. I think most of it was unintelligible, but towards the end she was clear and succint. I stood behind her while she repeated it in the microphone. I was so proud because she wasn't afraid.
James and I got to go to the movies saturday night. Yippee, a date! We saw Robin Hood, which we both really enjoyed and recommend to all who may be interested.
Garden update: We've got everything mulched, front & back yard. The chrysanthemums are about to burst, and the 38 year old rhododendron is awful purty. The rhubarb is coming back in well and I see the pears beginning to form. I am determined to do better with watering this year. We also put in the tomato plants, we'll see if we can keep them from wilting this year!
The kids are having fun watching our caterpillars grow- we are growing butterflies too! Just like you see on the tv commercials. They should be in their coccons soon.
We have some indoor seeds sprouting, which we will transplant later. Peas, pumpkins and watermelon. There was some weird mold on the sprouts, so I realized I had to keep the lid off. Oops! I hope the mold doesn't effect anything.
Here are my two sweeties in the Meadow- bella and edward! Haha.
The weather has been great- so much warmer! So we've been outside a lot. (Aaron in the lilacs)Mmmmmm! Popsicles!
Tasty, tasty.
But, what to do on those rainy days when you don't have a car...










4 comments:
Ahhh. whenever I see your greenness (is that even a word?) and flowers I yearn for that here. Our grass if finally green, but not many flowers in bloom around here...
Oh I'm so jealous of warm weather...you are quite the green thumb Brooke!
I would like to see a full shot of your backyard. The little snippets are beautiful.
I love how kids just grow up giving talks, etc. It's so good to see them not even nervous that young.
Your yard looks beautiful.
Post a Comment