
It just passed the state inspection (after over $600 in work). Next comes the registration and long lines and another multiple hundreds of dollars spent. Gotta love Maryland! They tax you on the sale price. The price we pay for Freedom...
We bought the car off Jim's brother who is moving to Beijing for 3 years. (Generously, only for $1) Unfortunately, they tax us on their minimum purchase price which is $640 give or take. Ouch! Needless to say, nothing in life is free. I am just grateful to have a vehicle and no car payment. We are working on eliminating all our debt. Which is not so easy to do when things keep coming up. And double diapers.
But the kids sure love the "truck"! It has much more foot space for them. And they love to play around in it and figure out all the new buttons. They are noticing new things as we drive around because they are up much higher.

Here they are, loving feeling so big and tall in the world.





9 comments:
Yay for a second car! We just bought ourselves a beater Suburban so that I could have a way to run errands during the day. It is definitely convenient! Your Blazer is a lot nicer than our second ride, though, I gotta say. Good work on trying to get rid of your debt, too. Seems like a pretty wise move right now.:-) Did you know Pres and Sis Clark are having a mission reunion in Oct.? Any plans of being in Utah for Gen. Conf?
Probably not, but just wondering! Have a good day.
That is awesome. I am happy for you. We have less than 9 more payments and we will be completely car payment free too. It is nice to have a car to run errands. I don't know how you have done it without. I am glad you have a car now. How exciting...except for all the registration fees and stuff. I can totally see you driving that car.
Woohoo!! Love it!!
Congrats on a second car - that's great! And what a great price. Congrats on your new nephew too. that picture of Aaron peeking out of the back of the truck is very cute!
Oooh congratulations that is awesome I like the red!
SOOOOO jealous!! We're still in one-car mode. I guess I've never known any different, since it's been like this ever since we got married. I just keep telling myself that for us to have a fourth we have to get a minivan - and that it will be MY car. Woohoo! (Not that we're having a fourth any time soon. First we need a job. And maternity insurance. And enough money to buy said minivan.) Some day. Until then, congrats on yours!
ps. that so stinks about the taxes. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Congratulations! I can imagine how wonderful that must be for you. Yay!
(Oh yeah, I HATE the MVA. I looked so grouchy in my license pic because I had been there waiting for 3 hours!!)
Congratulations! What a fun car...soo nice to be able to get out and about!
Post a Comment