Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hershey Park and the ZOO

We are back in the game! It's been a while since I posted, mainly because there was nothing really to post about in our boring little lives. Then we had some good friends come visit from out of town and they got us out of our boring rut. I apologize if this post goes a little long. Mostly photos, I promise!

Last friday we all went to Hershey Park- a theme park based on chocolate, AWESOME! It's only a 2 hour drive for us, so we met our friends up in Hershey, Pennsylvania for a fabulous day of fun. As luck would have it, our friends had some extra tickets to the park, comped to them by their hotel room, so we did not have to pay to get it. Shall I repeat? AWESOME! (Thanks guys, you know who you are.) I didn't feel as much pressure to get my money's worth. I think I only went on three rides the whole day- it's all about the kids now!


Here are Elena & Aaron at the beginning of the day- all ready to go and not knowing what fun was in store...


Elena's first ride- how perfect since she is obsessed with airplanes.


Aaron and Daddy. Little man was a little upset because we hadn't found any rides he was tall enough to go on yet. But we found some!

And some with Daddy too!


Weeeeee, Elena!


The child laughing with absolute glee is Elena.

Aaron was his daredevil self on his little rides and was putting his hands in the air- we thought it was pretty cute.




Overall a very exciting and exhausting day. Elena even took a nap for a while, she'd had so much fun. (Amazing since this child refuses to sleep lately.)

The following thursday we all went to the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. We had gone to the little Zoo at Hershey park the week before, but it's pretty small and doesn't boast too many exotic animals. This one was a lot bigger and the kids were able to see some cool animals for the first time. I will list their favorites: Penguins, Polar Bear, Giraffes, Rhinos and the Chimpanzees.
Here they are being turtles- my cute little terapins!
They also had a oetting area with goats. I didn't anticipate little 20-month old Aaron to be so fearless around them! He walzed right up to them with a brush and went to town. Here are a couple of video clips...


Elena liked to kiss their noses.



Another fun and exhausting day! Tomorrow we are off to one last venue with our friends while they are still in town- the Museum of Science!

3 comments:

Lisa Curtis said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Hershey Park seems so cooL!

Chris said...

What fun trips! and I don't believe for a second that your lives are boring!

Emily Petty said...

So cute and fun! You know, I've lived so close to Hershey Park all my life...and I've never been!