Thursday, April 16, 2009

Knitting is not my Forte (and onions)

A while ago my mom gave my a kit to knit some baby booties and a hat. Everything was included, even a video. I guess it was too advanced for me because it turned out waaaaay too small. My mom ended up taking all the materials and re-doing it for me. She is a pro with anything handmade, so I knew it would turn out awesome. Turns out that Aaron loves the results! He loves to wear his little bear hat and slippers.

Mom, these are for you!









He can put it on all by himself!








By the way, this little guy LOVES to eat raw onions!

8 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

I still have and DAILY use the sweet hot pads your mom made. She is so talented!

Onions - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. But funny.

Jan said...

Oh, I"m with you - I am not good at any of those creative homemaking skills. Knitting was something I never mastered.

Yay for your mom -- he looks adorable in his cute hat!

Chris said...

will your mom do some for me? I started knitting a washcloth. Gotit half done....

and I used to eat raw onions, so maybe he'll turn okay....

Sarah said...

That hat and booties are so cute. He looks so sweet in them.

Haley said...

So sweet!

P.S. I love your blog background.

Emily Petty said...

The hat and booties are so cute - as are the JC Penney pics - I'm coming home for 5 weeks this summer and I think I'll head to Penney's to get some new shots of Frank - even though he'll be inbetween 18 mos and 2 yrs. Frank likes to get into the onions too - only I don't think he actually eats them - crazy!!

Joan said...

Brooke,
I just caught up on all of the posts that I had not seen yet. What fun to see your little family. I need to visit more often. I Also enjoyed seeing the slide show of Jason. He is a special boy and all of the family loves him. love, Aunt Joan

Summer and Hunter said...

Your kids look exactly like you-lucky them! Those are classic pictures-too too cute!