HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!
At the new year, we find ourselves fortunate to have made it...life can be daunting, but even more so- we have to be grateful of what we do have as opposed to our difficulties. (Parenting two precocious children being an unspoken obvious challenge.)
Anywho, Elena is proving to be a very verbal child and a ball of energy. She loves words and learns at least two a day, repeating them with such enthusiasm and energy! Some of her favorite words are "Fly!!!" (butterfly), "Ba-ball!!" (ball), "Melmo!!" (Elmo), "Mouse!!!" (Mickey Mouse), "Whish!!" (fish), and one big sloppy raspberry which to her symbolizes a horse. She has started combing the fur on her stuffed animals to make them "pweety", yet is still learning to conquer her toothbrush and spoon. We think this is all very advanced for a 17-month old (almost 18 months on the 6th)! She is a joy.
Aaron is 3 1/2 months old and has a very flat back of his head. But his face sure is cute! He's reaching for objects now and is so proud of himself when he gets a hold of his goal. His little mouth gets all tied up into a tight "o", and usually a bit of drool ensues. He's getting to be more fun as his fussyness is becoming less and he's sleeping longer at night. He loves eating and it shows. He's been in size 3 months for over a month now. Big strong boy!
We had a great Christmas here at home (for the first time in 2 years). All the presents were for the kids, of course. I've never seen so much Dora the Explorer in my life! (One of Elena's paramount favorites.) We also took them to see Santa at the Mall this year- Elena sure loved that, as you can see. However, Monkey Boy couldn't have cared less. Classic.
Happy New Year to everyone and to all a healthy year!
Grandbaby #2 is here
10 months ago





5 comments:
Your children are absolutely beautiful. May God continue to bless your family.
Your friend forever
Ms. M
I love that picture of the two of them.
Brooke, this will be so much fun! I've got a blog, too (that I haven't updated in a while) but you're welcome to check it out. I'll email you a link. Anyhow, your kids are SO DANG cute! I think you're a supermom to have them that close together, too. Happy New Year!
ps Did you get Pres Clark's Christmas letter (par email)?
Brooke,\
You are a supermom! We both love you very much.
Pops
Brooke, mom left a comment and its not showing up. those two are so pweety! Tell them I love them and want to see them SOON!!!
Post a Comment