Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Growing, growing, gone!

Okay, so my kids are no where near being gone yet. They're still under 2 years old, for heaven's sake! There are some days when I wish they were in school already, though. Especially after the nights when Aaron has not felt like sleeping. (Like last night.) But, I realize how fast time flies- these difficult times don't last forever. At the same time I am doing my best to enjoy this stage in their lives- they are so sweet and precious.
Today we all went to the pediatrician (no small feat), and here's how we made out: Aaron's 26" long (tall boy), 18.1 lbs. (big boy); Elena is 35" (really tall) and 24.6lbs. (50th percentile). They each did pretty well with the shots, then we went straight home and all took naps! (Thanks heavens!)
Elena's vocabulary continues to astound me. It used to be that we would be reading a book and I would ask her "What's that?" to the things that she knew. Now she points at everything herself and asks "what's that?" So I tell her everything she points at and if it's a word she doesn't know yet she repeats it. And usually remembers it. Her most advanced word right now is "giraffe". She's still so enthusiastic, and when she sees an object she knows, she still practically shouts it with glee. "La-lows!" (flowers) "MEOW!" (cat) I've been meaning to get it on tape because it's so darn cute! She's just so unpredictable. Just as an 18 month old should be!
Aaron is a cute little- I mean big- guy with an insatiable appetite. I swear, we go through a can of formula a week. He's laughing and cooing and grabbing everything to his mouth. No teeth yet, but I have a feeling he's working on it. Elena had hers by 4 1/2 months. That's about what he is now. I can't wait until he sleeps all through the night! I'm sure Jim can't either- he's still in our room in his bassinette.
Hope everyone is surviving the winter chill!

1 comment:

Annaka said...

I tried to take 3 kids to the doctor at the same time. You are right! It's no small feet!!! They are so cute!!!