Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cabin Fever!

Oh, Yeah! We had it bad! Cabin Fever was rampant last week. The first big one was Saturday the 6th. We got about 31 inches feet throughout the day. So much that church was cancelled and people were left to dig themselves out. Here are some shots of what it looked like before the storm: Still enough to make a snowman family from the previous snow!













But then the snow fell...
















and fell...
















and fell...

















and fell! Here I am showcasing the depth of the snow. You can still see the snowman behind me to the right by the lightpost.

















Well, after tuesday the 9th, you couldn't see him any more! That night we got another 16 inches and everything was cancelled again on wednesday. We were all stuck inside again. Time to dig some more! Poor Jim. (Yes, I helped a little!)














Our street has only been plowed once, and it was in between the storms. The second storm is the one that broke the camel's back, so to speak. It was blizzard-like with horizontal snow and lots of trees went down. Lots of roofs and awnings have been giving way under the weight of it all. Oh, the joys of winter! Eventually after a day or two we were able to get outside and see the blue sky and feel the rays of the sun. The kids were certainly happy to get out too !















Please note the lightpost in the background, and the fact that you can no longer see a snowman. These days we scoff at a mere 1-2 inches, which is what we got just yesterday. Ha! That's sissy stuff. Some of these mounds might last until summer. Yippee!
(Did I mention that I am ready for spring already?)

6 comments:

Bugg's mama said...

Holy smokes. That is amazing. Hope you went through every kid movie and popcorn kernel in the house.

Shantel said...

I've been thinking of y'all. That is SOOOO much snow! I'm glad were able to dig your way out! This will be a winter to remember! Stay warm.

Joan said...

Hi Brookie T, I just had a lovely time catching up and reading your posts back to Oct. It was very fun to see your families doings. You are such a good mom. Thanks for sharing. Love, Aunt Joan

Stacey said...

Here in Boise, our tulips are 5 inches tall and the buds on the willow trees are breaking. Three people on our block have mowed their lawns. Please have a snowball fight for us....

Will and Heidi said...

I totally know how you feel! We still have mounds of snow on our yards and street borders. good luck getting through it.

Emily Petty said...

I love seeing everyone's snow pictures - I am SO excited it's the 1st of March - I am so ready for spring too - and now it'll finally 'officially' arrive this month!